Sleep is imperative to the health of your body. A good night's sleep sets the foundation for achieving any health goal. A bad night’s sleep may strike out of nowhere or be a chronic condition. Insomnia covers a wide array of sleep interruptions. From difficulty falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, vivid dreams, ruminating thoughts, restless sleep to no sleep at all.
Acupuncture & herbal medicine support a successful sleep ritual that helps you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, decrease restless sleep, increase peaceful sleep, and decrease dependency on medications.
Acupuncture points stimulate your body's natural ability to calm nerves, regulate blood flow, and rest your mind, which has proven effective in treating the following conditions:
- Movement disorders like Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) or musculoskeletal disorders, headaches, TMJ, jaw clenching
- Breathing disorders like snoring or sleep apnea
- Sleep Disruptions like Nightmares or Night terrors
- Parasomnias like sleepwalking
Combined with herbal medicine, acupuncture is an effective treatment plan to restore your internal balance and treat the following sleep disorders:
- Hypersomnolence like circadian rhythm disorders and narcolepsy
- Hormonal sleep disorders like premenstrual insomnia, menopause insomnia, pregnancy insomnia
Drug Dependent Sleep
No medication will restore the full benefits of your natural sleep cycle. Acupuncture can provide relief for many common conditions without the use of drugs and sleep aids with harmful side effects.
If you do not see your condition listed, contact us to schedule a phone consultation to find out if we can help.
You will not experience pain with acupuncture. You may experience warmth, heaviness, tingling, or other sensations in and around the needle site.